Ever wondered what you could do with a commercial mortgage? Well, to be quite candid, there is a plethora of ways to make use of a commercial mortgage. Such a mortgage can be used to finance many different types of properties, so let’s take a minute to review these properties. Of course, not all commercial investments are created equal. Some inherently involve more risk than others. As a result, some banks and financial institutions that offer commercial mortgages may or may not offer a product that finances one of the following. As always, it will be up to you to shop around and find a commercial loan broker that offers a commercial mortgage package that fits your needs.
- Apartments – Great investment opportunities exist with apartments. Apartments serve as a great form of securitization for a commercial mortgage. They also prove to be great income properties, as apartments that are managed well can bring in positive cash flows at the same time as equity is being created.
- Health Care Facilities – A commercial mortgage can also be used to finance health care facilities. Such an investment provided two distinct advantages. First, you are investing in a traditional business that has a growing market and customer base. Second, you are also making an investment in land and facilities that will appreciate over time, creating positive equity for you. Investing in this type of property and business is not so far fetched when you realize just how accessible a commercial mortgage really is.
- Industrial – Though industrial spaces are neither glamorous nor thrilling investments, they are certainly valuable. Most lending institutions will offer some sort of commercial mortgage that allows for investment in industrial spaces. Such an investment typically proves to be a solid investment since industries are always growing and this type of space will always be needed.
- Manufacturing – If you are interested in expanding your business and increasing your manufacturing capacity, a commercial mortgage may be the way to go. You can use a commercial mortgage to finance the expansion of your manufacturing facilities and thus grow your business in the process.
- Warehouse – Not very many businesses can continue to grow and prove successful with no room for inventory. If you find your business is ready to take it to the next level, and you are short on warehouse space a commercial mortgage can help you as well. Many large lending institutions have a commercial mortgage designed to finance warehouse expansion, so don’t hesitate to contact your commercial loan broker today if you are ready to expand.
- Retail Structures – Even retailers need financing to build new stores, increase their accessibility, and grow their business. When retailers are ready to fund a new project, they turn to a commercial mortgage as well.
- Office Complexes – Office parks and buildings are financed the same way as all the others, with a commercial mortgage. Office complexes also prove to be great investment properties for investors in the real estate market, as the risk of vacancy in office complexes is much less than that of retail spaces.
You might have noticed a trend while you read this list. Indeed, a commercial mortgage can be used to finance just about any kind of commercial property. So when you are in the market for a commercial property, go visit your commercial loan broker.